Mbappe left the game about 15 minutes before the end of the first half after suffering an ankle injury, and was replaced by Portuguese player Gonçalo Ramos.
The French website "BFMTV" quoted Saint-Germain coach, Luis Enrique as saying after the end of the summit meeting:
- Mbappe's injury is nothing to worry about.
- It's not a serious injury, but the player felt some pain and it was difficult for him to keep playing.
- Mbappe had a bruise, walked off the pitch, changed the bandage to be able to continue.
- When a player is not 100 percent ready, and is prone to an injury worsening, replacing them is the right decision.
- I think he'll be ready for games soon.
It is noteworthy that Paris Saint-Germain achieved a great victory over Olympique de Marseille with four clean goals, scored by Achraf Hakimi, Kolo Moagni and Gonçalo Ramos.