According to the Israeli "Walla" website, the mission of the new reserve battalion will include "protecting all borders, to allow the transfer of forces to more complex tasks."

Israeli media reported that last week, the Israeli army withdrew the last reserve brigade from the Gaza Strip, the 646th Brigade, as it approached the end of its attack in the city of Khan Yunis.

The Israeli army has withdrawn much of its reserve forces from the Gaza Strip in recent weeks, leaving the standing army to continue the fight against Hamas.

Ground Forces commanders admit that the decision taken by the General Staff more than a decade ago to close reserve brigades and divisions as part of cuts and reorganization in the army turned out to be a "huge mistake."

This comes at a time when the Israeli army is investigating the events of October 7, when Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel.

Unit 8200 of the Israeli Military Intelligence Division began collecting materials about the sequence of events that preceded the attack called “Al-Aqsa Flood.”

Army sources told Walla that collecting materials precedes comprehensive investigations.

The Israeli newspaper "Haaretz" said that the investigations will cover the forces' readiness to fight, how they arrived at the battlefields, and the manner in which they fought the battles.