During the opening of the exhibition, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi inspected the Raad 200 rocket launcher, which was designed and manufactured by Egyptian hands inside the factories of the Ministry of Military Production, and listened to a detailed explanation of its combat style.
Military experts told Sky News Arabia that the rocket launcher is a testament to Egypt's progress in the field of military industrialization in recent years, especially given its capabilities, as well as its manufacture inside the country, which opens wider prospects for the development of more military industries.
They also pointed to the importance of adding it to the Egyptian arsenal of weapons, as it allows Egyptian forces to carry out many missile attacks on long-range targets with high accuracy.
Specifications "Thunder 200"?
The Egyptian Ministry of Military Production revealed that the rocket launcher on an armored vehicle with a track "Raad 200" has many distinctive specifications, especially considering that it is a 100 percent pure Egyptian industry.
- The launcher is 6.3 meters long, 2.8 meters wide, and 2.8 meters high.
- Its weight without load is up to 12207,4700 kilograms, while its payload reaches <>,<> kilograms.
- It has a top speed of 45 kilometers per hour on roads, and 27 kilometers per hour on pestles.
- It has a working range of 400 km, and has a specific capacity of 26.3 hp/t without load.
- The launcher accommodates a crew of three and features a four-stroke HD12 ZLG-M engine.
- It is equipped with a 385-horsepower engine and carries a 122mm rocket launcher.
- Control is carried out internally from the cab, while the shooting system operates unilaterally or with a burst system.
- It was successfully tested during walking and shooting.
- The launch speed of 20 missiles in 12 seconds
Add a task
The former head of the reconnaissance apparatus and advisor at the Nasser Military Academy, Major General Nasr Salem, said in exclusive statements to the site "Sky News Arabia", that Egypt is constantly keen to develop its weapons, and access to its weapons systems to the latest findings of the world, and thus worked to manufacture the launcher "Raad 200".
Salem said that armament is an essential element of the army, and weapons must meet a number of important conditions, foremost of which is that it has a qualitative advantage over what the enemy has, with the continued development and modernization of the system in general, and access to the latest weapons systems in the world.
He added: "Egypt operates according to disciplined military policies, and it is important to have an appropriate amount of weapons that we can supply the forces in the event of a war at any time, especially since at such times there is a large consumption of weapons and ammunition."
The Egyptian military expert pointed out that the Egyptian armed forces "have entered the military industrialization significantly, where work is being done to diversify the sources of armament, whether manufactured locally or imported from abroad," adding: "Manufacturing my weapon myself is not easy, but expensive and has complex conditions."
Salem considered that the announcement of more Egyptian military industries carries two messages, the first "reassuring" the Egyptians, and the second "deterrence" anyone who thinks of attacking any of our interests.