Listen to the news

A 70-year-old woman has died today in an explosion in an apartment block in Ankara, CNN-Turk reported.

The blast occurred at 7:00 a.m. in the Mamak metropolitan area, BTA reported.

According to initial information, the woman died in an explosion caused by a gas leak. After the explosion, a fire broke out.

The incident occurred on the ground floor in a six-story block. Fire brigades, medics, police were sent to the scene.

A statement issued by gas distribution company Başkent Doğalgaz Dağıtım A.Ş. said the explosion occurred due to a gas leak because a stovetop was left on.

Baby killed in fall from balcony

An investigation into the case is underway.



A dead woman