"As of 26 a.m. on September 13350, <>,<> people displaced from the Nagorny Karabakh region had entered," the Armenian government said in a statement, stressing that it was providing housing for them.
Thousands of Armenians continue to pour out of the Karabakh region after their fighters were defeated in a lightning military operation launched by Azerbaijan last week.
This comes despite Baku's pledge to protect the rights of Armenians, who number about 120,<> and describe the region as their homeland, but few have accepted these assurances.
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan blamed Russia for the failure to ensure Armenian security.
The mass exodus took place in confusion and fear.
Kremlin rejects Yerevan's accusations
On Monday, the Kremlin rejected Armenian criticism of Russian peacekeepers in Karabakh, commenting on comments by Pashinyan, who earlier described his country's current alliances as "ineffective".
"We categorically reject all attempts to blame the Russian side and the Russian peacekeepers (in Nagorny Karabakh) who are acting valiantly," Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, rejecting any "shortcomings" or accusations of negligence.
Peskov added that "Russia is working to guarantee the rights of all Armenians in Nagorny Karabakh," stressing that "Armenia will remain an ally of Russia and dialogue continues between the two countries on several levels."