King Abdullah II said that "the future of Syrian refugees is in their own country, not in the host countries."
The following are the highlights of the King's speech:
• The climate change crisis is affecting our region severely.
• The two-state solution is the only way to bring peace to the region.
• The suffering in our region will continue until the world intervenes to resolve the Palestinian issue.
• The Palestinian people are deprived of the exercise of their fundamental rights.
• The importance of sustainable funding for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees.
The 78th UN General Assembly kicked off on Tuesday, with 145 leaders scheduled to speak at the Assembly.
For the first time in years, US President Joe Biden will be the only leader of the five veto-wielding countries in the Security Council to address the 193-member General Assembly, with Chinese President Xi Jinping, Russian Vladimir Putin, France's Emmanuel Macron and British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak absent from this year's General Assembly.