The Kyiv City State Administration said that shelters in the capital will now be permanently open.
This was stated by Director of the Department of Municipal Security of the Kyiv City State Administration Roman Tkachuk.
He said that on June 1 it was decided that now the shelters will not be closed at all.
"Before that, there was talk that we could not keep them open all the time because repairs were done there. The homeless will organize a shelter there. But we have no choice but to keep them constantly open. Because in the last few days we have started to receive strikes with ballistic missiles," he said.
Tkachuk noted that bomb shelters have been checked since 2014. During this time, almost 10 thousand basements were inspected in Kyiv, but only 3.5 thousand basements met the requirements for use as a shelter.
In addition, Tkachuk said that the last shelter was built in Kyiv in 1985.
We will remind, earlier it was reported that the government of Ukraine adopted a protocol decision to check the work of all shelters in the country. In particular, in Kyiv.
In addition, we previously reported that the mother-in-law of a 34-year-old woman, who died on the night of June 1 as a result of a Russian missile strike, emotionally addressed Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko.
- Death of people near a closed shelter in Kyiv: the police opened another case (photos)
- Tragedy in Kyiv near a closed shelter: a guard was taken to check for intoxication
- The guard who did not allow people to take shelter in Kyiv was admitted to hospital: what is known about him
Subscribe to our channels in Telegram and Viber.