Listen to the news

University Hospital "St. George" EAD - Plovdiv issued an official statement in connection with the signal they received from a mother of a patient with the claim that her daughter "has not received adequate care"

Here's what the hospital said:

We would like to inform you that a thorough internal investigation of the case is being carried out. At present, the following is known: Patient Elisaveta Staneva came to the Emergency Medicine Department on May 9 at 9:30 am with fever and pain.

The same day at 12:45 she was hospitalized in the intensive care sector of the Clinic of Infectious Diseases at the University Hospital "St. George" EAD - Plovdiv. Since her admission to the hospital, a number of examinations and consultations with doctors and specialists from different clinics have been carried out. She was prescribed therapy not only for the symptoms with which she arrived at the hospital, but also for her accompanying disease "Hashimoto's thyroiditis".

In one of the consultations, it was found that the TSH values were increased and that the patient had stopped taking one of her medications on her own, which led to a deterioration in her health. The therapy carried out by the team of the Clinic of Infectious Diseases gives a result and the patient improves the next day. Observation, research and therapies continue in the coming days.

On May 14, at 17:55 p.m., he suddenly fell with loss of consciousness. Cardiac and respiratory arrest was recorded. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DAC) was immediately started, together with a team of the Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Clinic. According to the opinion of the Head of the Clinic of Infectious Diseases Assoc. Dr. Oliana Boykinova, the nurse on duty is a direct witness of what happened.

At the time of the patient's fall, she left her food and immediately informed the doctor on duty and the honey on duty. sister who responded immediately and started DAC. The Head of the Department of General and Clinical Pathology Assoc. Dr. Maria Koleva - Ivanova and her team are expected to issue the protocol of the autopsy performed on May 16.

A 27-year-old woman died in a hospital in Plovdiv.

According to preliminary information, it was found that Elisaveta Staneva died from the complications of her main disease - cardiomyopathy. A response has not yet been prepared to the relatives due to the fact that to date (May 28) the internal inspection of the medical institution has not been completed in full. The information collected so far should be considered preliminary, as it is to be analyzed and summarized as soon as possible by the members of the Specialized Therapeutic Control Commission at the University Hospital "St. George" EAD - Plovdiv.