If you are completely healthy, there will be no problems with eating strawberries. However, sweet berries must be abandoned for certain health conditions or diseases.
How much should you eat strawberries a day
Doctors recommend eating about four to six strawberries daily, depending on the size of the berry, but not more than eight. Given that experts advise adding 200 grams of fruit to your diet, but it is better that the range was wide, you should put 3-4 strawberries in a plate with these products.
Studies have shown that if you follow this advice, you can significantly improve heart and brain health, reduce the risk of developing certain malignant tumors, improve control over type II diabetes.
Eight strawberries have enough vitamin C to get the daily requirement, as well as the minimum sugar content (8 g) and calories (50 calories).
Nutritional value of strawberries
This wonderful fruit has much more to offer than a sweet taste and pleasant aroma. Strawberries are deservedly called the "queen of fruits", because it contains a considerable amount of nutrients (per cup):
- 11.5 g of carbohydrates;
- 3 g of dietary fiber;
- 7.34 grams of sugar;
- 1 mg of sodium;
- 0.3 g of fat;
- 16 mg of calcium;
- 58.8 mg of vitamin C;
- 153 mg of potassium;
- 24 mg of phosphorus.
How strawberries are good for health: six benefits
What is the use of strawberries? / Photo: Pexels
According to studies, if you consume about 32 grams of strawberries daily, you can significantly reduce the level of insulin in the blood and its resistance. It has also been proven that daily consumption of this berry helps reduce cholesterol. And thanks to the anthocyanins contained in the fruit, short-term memory improves.
What are the six health benefits of eating strawberries:
Who can not eat strawberries
Despite all the benefits, there are people who absolutely can not eat strawberries:
- people suffering from diabetes, intestinal irritation, colitis - eating strawberries can significantly worsen your condition;
- if you have diarrhea or stomach pain, it is not recommended to eat strawberries due to the content of organic acids;
- patients with renal lithiasis (kidney stones) or renal failure - strawberries contain sodium oxalate and it is from this substance that kidney stones consist;
- Allergies - salicylates, which are present in strawberries, can cause urticaria.
Even if you are very fond of sweet strawberries, doctors do not advise using them, so as not to worsen your condition and well-being.
- How to protect strawberries from weeds: simplify your spring care
- It is better to throw away such strawberry bushes: what signs will help determine the condition of the plant
- What can be cooked from strawberries: top 5 recipes with the first summer berry