In the Cherkasy region, a man beat his former roommate and killed her father. The man was detained at the crime scene.
This was reported by the police of Cherkasy region.
Law enforcement officials clarified that the 69-year-old man had a long-standing conflict with a 61-year-old former cohabitant.
"He with a firearm entered the apartment of the woman's parents, where she was also staying. A dispute arose between them, which escalated into a fight. Grabbing a weapon, the attacker shot an 86-year-old man in the head. The pensioner died at the scene. A 61-year-old woman with injuries was hospitalized", – stated in the message.
Investigators seized firearms, shell casings and other physical evidence, which were sent for examination.
Investigators qualified the man's actions under Part 1 of Art. 115 (Premeditated murder) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. Currently, law enforcement officers have announced suspicion to the offender, the court has chosen a measure of restraint in the form of detention for a period of 60 days. For the offense, he faces imprisonment from seven to fifteen years.
Recall that in Lviv a man drowned a woman in a bathtub, and then robbed an apartment.
- In Donetsk region, a man "under the buzz" killed the parents of his friend
- 45 blows to the head: in Chernihiv, a father killed an 11-month-old son in front of his brother
- Knife in the back: in Rivne region, a man killed his beloved
- They did not share the money: in Pavlograd, a man killed a partner after work
- In Odesa region, Alabai bit a child and bit a terrier: how she punished the owner of a dog