Residents found fire on neighbor's roof and rushed to rescue with water hose.

(provided by the public)

[Reporter Xu Lijuan/Kaohsiung Report] A fire broke out on the top floor of Tutiancuo, 4th Floor, Building 1, Beiping 2nd Street, Sanmin District, Kaohsiung City at 5:36 p.m. today (3rd). Because the owner was moving, neighbors found out immediately and pulled the water pipes Help put out the fire. After the firefighters arrived, they extinguished the fire within 20 minutes. A total of 3 people were evacuated. Only one man was suspected of inhaling thick smoke and felt uncomfortable.

The owner, Ms. Huang, said that she was moving recently and came back today with her two sons to move things. There were only some sundries piled up on the top floor, and she didn't know why the fire broke out.

She was outside when the fire broke out, and she knew the roof was on fire when she heard neighbors shouting. The neighbors tried to pull the hose to spray water to put out the fire, but the fire was too big to put out.

Please read on...

Firefighters pointed out that after receiving the report, the fire station dispatched 14 vehicles and 28 people to rush to the rescue. When they arrived, there was smoke coming out of the top floor. The firefighters quickly put out the fire and evacuated 3 people.

Firefighters used a ladder truck to pull the water line to fight the fire.

(Photo by reporter Xu Lijuan)

The fire was extinguished after about 20 minutes.

(provided by the public)