In Russia, after the first wave of mobilization, they announced that they had called up 300,000 people, of whom 140 left to fight against Ukraine.
However, a new wave of mobilization in the Russian Federation is ahead, and the remaining 160,000 mobilized in the first wave are still nowhere to be seen at the front.
Mykhailo Samus, deputy director of the Center for Army, Conversion and Disarmament for International Affairs, told about this in an interview with TSN.ua.
"They announced the recruitment of about 300,000. Then various numbers were mentioned, including Putin, and Shoigu, and Gerasimov, and Surovikin - that 140,000 had apparently already been sent to the front. And no one saw the others. That is, it is obvious that about 300,000 - theoretically on paper," the expert noted.
"Russia is a very strange country and they can fool each other. I do not rule out that Putin was informed about 300 thousand, but in fact 220 were called up. And 80 thousand disappeared somewhere, because for each mobilized person something can be written off and good money can be earned. This is a reality , this is Russia," added Samus.
He noted that 140,000 mobilized Russians could indeed have been sent to the front, as this can be seen both on the battlefield and from the losses of the occupiers.
However, it is not known where the remaining 160,000 mobilized out of the stated official figure of 300,000 went.
"Ok, let's say that they disposed of 140 thousand, but we do not physically see another 160 thousand, if we talk about 300 thousand. 160 thousand is a lot, it is a huge group of troops, which is equal to the troops that Russia has prepared for many years, and somewhere at the end of January last year, it had this group that was just preparing to attack Ukraine. I suspect that the generals cheated a little here, maybe someone. But the main thing is that they cheated themselves," the expert said.
In the same context, he added that when the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation announced a request for additional mobilization in the amount of 500,000 people, obviously huge sums of money were invested in it.
We will remind, the head of the GUR of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, Kyrylo Budanov, said that Russia is preparing a new wave of mobilization, which can be announced as early as January 5.
At the same time, the Minister of Defense of Ukraine, Oleksiy Reznikov, added that the Russian Federation also plans to introduce martial law in order to close the borders for men of conscription age.
Belarus also plans to close its borders for men.
Military expert Oleksandr Musienko believes that Russia plans to conduct another wave of mobilization in order to prepare reserves for conducting large-scale offensives at the beginning of spring.
War in Ukraine
News of Ukraine: video
Subscribe to our