A fire broke out in a Tutianchu in Tongluo Township, Miaoli County today. Flames and thick smoke continued to spew out. The scene was horrifying. Firefighters were notified and rushed to the scene to put out the fire.

(provided by the public)

[Reporter Peng Jianli/Miaoli Report] A fire broke out in a Tutianchu in Tongluo Township, Miaoli County today. Flames and thick smoke continued to spew out.

According to the foreign migrant workers who escaped in time, the electric scooter parked in the living room for charging suddenly caught fire, and the cause of the fire was clarified by the fire investigation.

The Fire Department of Miaoli County Government received a report at 7:00 this morning that a house in Wenfeng Lane, Shuangfeng Road, Tongluo Township was on fire. Tongues of fire and thick smoke continued to spew out, and water lines were immediately deployed for rescue.

Please read on...

The foreign migrant workers who escaped from the fire told the police and firefighters that there were 3 electric scooters parked in the living room on the first floor and they were charging.

Neighbors nearby found the fire and wanted to use a water hose to help put out the fire, but they dared not approach rashly because of the thick smoke.

It took firefighters about half an hour to extinguish the blaze, but no injuries were reported.

According to the police investigation, the house that caught fire was rented out by the employer to foreign migrant workers. As for whether the fire was caused by the charging of the electric locomotive, the fire scene forensic team will further investigate.