This morning, the giant panda "Tuantuan" woke up naturally and began to try to get up and move around, but his hind limbs were still unable to move.

(Provided by Taipei Zoo)

[Reporter Cai Yahua/Taipei Report] Taipei Zoo's giant panda "Tuantuan" had three epileptic seizures in August. Currently, the zoo is administering drugs and providing palliative treatment. Unexpectedly, "Tuantuan" had four seizures last night. The medical care team immediately Anti-epileptic drugs were given to relieve the symptoms, and they stayed on all night. This morning, "Tuantuan" woke up, showing symptoms of hind limb weakness and loss of appetite, and needs to be observed again. The zoo will hold a press conference at 11 am to explain.

The zoo pointed out that the nursery staff and veterinarians found that "Tuantuan" was not in a good spirit yesterday morning. behavioral observation.

At 4:41 p.m., the caretakers saw the giant panda "Tuantuan" suddenly go into epilepsy and immediately notified the veterinarian.

Please read on...

According to the zoo, Tuantuan's epileptic symptoms lasted for about 1 minute. When the veterinarian arrived, Tuantuan's epileptic symptoms had stopped.

During the next 10 minutes, "Tuantuan" tried to walk, but his left hind limb was obviously weak; at 4:58, "Tuantuan" had epilepsy again, and the veterinarian immediately injected antiepileptic drugs into "Tuantuan", and the drug took effect and the symptoms were relieved 1 minute later. "Tuantuan" rested in a side-lying position. The medical care team closely observed and made online contact with the medical advisory group and Chinese experts.

"Tuantuan" had seizures again at 6:28 and 7:33 p.m., and the park said that "Tuantuan" had seizures several times in a short period of time. Experts from the medical advisory group suggested giving infusions first. Continue to administer the drug, and observe the situation of "Tuantuan" after the symptoms stabilize, and then adjust the treatment method in due course

The zoo said that because the situation of "Tuantuan" has not stabilized, the caretakers and veterinarians stayed on all night to closely monitor the changes of "Tuantuan". Fortunately, after drug control, "Tuantuan" did not have any seizure symptoms after 7:33 p.m. , and fell asleep and rested under the action of sedative drugs. After waking up naturally this morning, I began to try to get up and move around, but my hind limbs were still unable to exert strength.

The giant panda "Tuantuan" had four seizures on the evening of the 17th, and the medical care team gave antiepileptic drugs to relieve the symptoms.

(Provided by Taipei Zoo)

The experts of the medical advisory group suggested that the drug should be given continuously by infusion.

(Provided by Taipei Zoo)