The incident took place in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.

(signal picture)


A doctor died after being electrocuted while hoisting the national flag on the roof of a hospital in Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua district on Monday.

The doctor has been identified as Pawan Kumar.

The officers provided this information.

He said that Dr Pawan Kumar died after the 11 kilowatt power line on the roof of the Government Primary Health Center (PHC) at Haria Chak came under fire.

He was a resident of Chadwal area.

Officials said that a police team reached the spot and sent the body to Hiranagar Hospital.

(This news has not been edited by NDTV team. It has been published directly from Syndicate feed.)