A 7-month-old baby boy was left alone at home. The 22-year-old father of the baby boy, surnamed Zhou, was subsequently arrested. The unit involved is located on the 15th floor of the Peace Building, at about 2 pm today (4nd), the police received a report from the security guard, saying that the baby crying had been heard in the unit in the morning, and he went to check again in the afternoon, and found that the crying was still there, but there was no one in the house, and he called the police because he was worried about the baby's condition. When rescuers arrived at the scene, they broke into the house and found the baby boy, who was fortunately safe but was thinner, so an ambulance was arranged to take him to the hospital for treatment. The unit has cats, and the sanitary environment is poor, and there is a foul smell.

The unit involved is located on the 15th floor of Heping House, Lee Cheng Uk Estate. (Photo by Chen Haoran)

It is learnt that the registered heads of the flats concerned are a pair of sisters, and the younger sister is currently living in a residential care home in Fanling, which is under the supervision of SWD, so the elder sister is currently living with her 7-month-old son. As the owner of the flat had been in arrears for many months, the security guards had repeatedly visited the door to seek rent, but the door and iron gate of the flat were locked, and no one answered the door.

Until this morning, the security guard came to the door again to look for the female householder, when the door of the flat and the iron gate were closed and locked, and there were baby cries in the house, but the security guard had to leave after knocking on the door because no one answered the door. At about 4 p.m., the security guard came to the door again and found that the door of the flat was hidden but the iron gate was locked, and the baby's screaming continued.

The 7-month-old baby boy was rescued by the fire and police at the scene, who had no superficial injuries but was emaciated, and was taken to Caritas Hospital for treatment. Police later contacted the mother of the baby boy and promised to pick up the baby from the hospital, but she did not show up. In the end, the father of the baby boy appeared to assist in the investigation and was arrested by the police on suspicion of child abuse. The case was assigned to Team <> of the Criminal Investigation Team of Sham Shui Po District for investigation.

SPCA officers were also summoned to inspect the cats and preliminarily confirmed that a male British shorthair cat of unknown age was kept in the unit, but it was believed that there was no animal cruelty.

The police cordoned off the unit involved and the corridor on the floor for investigation, and a strong smell came from the scene. (Photo by Chen Haoran)