At 27:1 pm today (06th), the Police received a report from staff of Princess Margaret Hospital that a 3-year-old girl was unwell and suspected of ingesting dangerous drugs. Police officers were reported to the scene and, after preliminary investigation, believed that the girl accidentally ingested suspected dangerous drugs at a residential flat in Tung Chung District. The case, which was listed as "abuse or neglect of a child or juvenile in custody", was temporarily referred to the Second Unit of the Crime Investigation Unit of Sham Shui Po District for follow-up and no arrests were made. It is understood that the 3-year-old girl is suspected of ingesting methamphetamine. The girl is currently awake and in hospital at Margaret Hospital.
A 3-year-old girl suspected of taking meth by mistake was admitted to Margaret Hospital. (Photo by Lin Zhenhua)
This is the second time in about three months that a child has taken drugs by mistake. In June this year, a pair of young sisters, aged 3 and 6, were in a coma after being suspected of being accidentally fed cannabis candy possessed by their father by their cousin at their home in Tin Shui Wai, but recovered after treatment. The father and cousin of the two girls were arrested separately, with the father charged with drug possession and ill-treatment or neglect of a child or juvenile in his care, and the cousin was released on bail pending investigation.
Tin Shui Wai two young daughters suspected of accidentally eating drugs coma Father and cousin were arrested for abusing their children Father was involved in drug possession Tianshui Wai two young girls suspected of accidentally eating drugs The doctor pointed out that the dose was terrible, and the two young girls in Tin Shui Wai were suspected of accidentally eating drugs Mother FB: reunited for the three mothers and daughters Worked hard day and night to make money Tianshui Wai suspected of accidentally eating drugs, and the situation of the two young daughters became stable It is reported that he has returned to the sober hospital, the ICU suspected of taking cannabis sugar by mistake, the two sisters woke up and continued to stay in the hospital Mother FB reported safety: will call mommy, willing to eat Tianshui Wai, two young girls suspected of accidentally eating drugs Father controls Tibetan drug abuse children Wednesday to the church My cousin's aunt released her little sister on bail for allegedly eating cannabis sweets, and her father was charged with drug possession and child abuse, and he was interrogated again in August