Kim Kardashian reveals what it's like to raise her four children 1:05
(CNN Spanish) – The relationship between Kim Kardashian and Kanye West was one of the most famous in show business. She, an influencer and entrepreneur with a life under the spotlight. He, a controversial rapper whose statements have earned him criticism, and the loss of lucrative deals with brands such as Adidas, GAP and Balenciaga.
The couple married and started a family. Magazines and tabloids captured them at concerts and fashion shows. However, the relationship went through a series of difficulties that led them to separate in 2021.
- Kim Kardashian's Skims is recognized by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential companies
Here's a timeline of the most iconic moments in Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's relationship, from start to finish.
The couple met in the early 2000s. However, it was years before they started a romance.
March, 2012: West and Kardashian appeared together at Paris Fashion Week and made their relationship official. Kim told host Oprah in 2012 that she didn't know why they had taken so long.
- December, 2012: Kim announced on her blog her pregnancy:
"It's true!! Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel very blessed and fortunate and wish that, in addition to our families, his mom and dad could be here to celebrate this special moment with us. We look forward to new beginnings in 2013 and starting a family. Happy New Year!!"
- Kim Kardashian says ex-husband Kanye West may have been 'right' in case involving daughter North
- 2013: The couple celebrated the birth of their firstborn daughter North, and West proposed to the mother of his daughter in a nearly empty sports stadium and hired an orchestra while his family watched from close quarters.
May, 2014: Kardashian and West married in a lavish wedding in Florence, Italy.
The couple poses for Vogue magazine, in its April 2014 issue. They married in Italy the following month. (Credit: Vogue)
May, 2015: A year after the wedding, the reality TV star and rapper announced they were expecting their second child, Saint, who came into the world in December of that same year.
October, 2016: It wasn't the best year for Kardashian, who was the victim of a gunpoint robbery in Paris in which jewelry, cash and electronic devices were taken from her.
January, 2018: Kardashian and West become parents again and welcome their daughter Chicago. Through social networks, the socialite thanked the surrogate mother who made her dreams come true with the best gift she could give her.
Kim and Kanye attend the Met Gala in New York in May 2013. (Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images)
- May, 2019: Psalm, the couple's fourth baby, arrived through a surrogate mother.
- July, 2020: The rapper announced that he was running in the US presidential election. Kardashian responded to her decision by tweeting an American flag. That same month, the businesswoman spoke of West's bipolar disorder stating that it was "incredibly complicated and painful" and asked for the public's understanding.
- February, 2021: Kardashian filed for divorce from West after living in separate homes for a while.
- December, 2021: West begged Kim Kardashian to get back with him. At a performance alongside Drake at a benefit concert, the hip-hop star said, "I need you to run back to me" and added the line: "More specifically, Kimberly."
- February, 2022: In an interview with Vogue magazine, the famous businesswoman explained the reasons that led to the separation. She said she "for a long time did what made other people happy" and had now decided to make herself happy.
"Even if that created change and caused my divorce, I think it's important to be honest with yourself about what really makes you happy," she said.
- March, 2022: The founder of Skims was declared legally single after being granted the request to change her marital status.
November, 2022: Kardashian and West reached a divorce settlement, which stated that the socialite would receive $2000,000,<> a month for child support. The former couple has joint custody of their four children.
With reporting by Lisa Respers France, Toyin Owoseje, Chloe Melas, Cheri Mossburg of CNN
Kanye WestKim Kardashian