The Al Nasr striker received a rally on his arrival in Tehran on Monday, where fans chanted his name and waved to him on the eve of the match.
But a video of an Iranian child crying after being prevented from meeting the Don went viral on social media platforms, and it seems that its echoes reached the management of Al-Nasr Club.
Shortly after the video went viral, the child was taken into Ronaldo's room to meet his favorite star and take pictures with him, according to footage later released by Al Nasr.
The Saudi club's X account, formerly Twitter, wrote with the video: "Football is not just a game. She is much larger. Al Nasr and their star Ronaldo embody that."
- Al-Nasr players arrived in Tehran amid heavy security from the "elite unit" designated to secure presidential visits, where the presence of a star of Ronaldo's caliber is rare.
- Giant banners were hung on the capital's bridges bearing pictures of the five-time world player of the year, reading "Welcome."
- Fans rushed to try to catch a glimpse of the former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus star.
- According to images published by Press TV, Ronaldo was seen receiving two Iranian luxury carpets by the president of Persepolis.
- One of the sites published the arrival of the Al-Nasr Club bus to the hotel where the players and the technical staff will stay, amid large crowds of Iranians.
- Navid Berhanivar, a 28-year-old Ronaldo fan, said: "It's very exciting!" , expressing his hope for a "beautiful match" between the stars of Al Nasr and Persepolis.