Listen to the news

We are trying to create a new model of work for hospitals. This was stated by the Minister of Health Hristo Hinkovprof. Hristo Hinkov was born on March 25, 1953 in Sofia. On 6 June 2023, he was elected Minister during parliamentary scrutiny.

In response to a question about the condition of the hospitals in the Lovech region, Minister Hinkov pointed out that the management of the Multiprofile Hospital for Active Treatment (MHAT) "Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov" has 80% shareholding of the state, and the remaining 20% belongs to the municipality. Logically, the municipality has no interest in keeping this hospital, which is important for the area, he said.

In the Ministry of Health (MH) we have a very clear policy for regional hospitals as the main structurally determining hospitals for the sector, he added.

Health Minister: The project for the construction of the National Children's Hospital has not been stopped

According to him, in 2001 the model that was set - the suspension of the privatization of the then existing hospitals, led to the fact that there is now a parallel structure of private hospitals. We are trying to create a new model, which has yet to be discussed with directors of hospitals, including private ones, about a possible public – private partnership and contracts between two hospitals in order to be able to mutually cope with the lack of staff through business trips, Minister Hinkov said.

In the Ministry of Health, the latest reporting data for May 2023 show that in the district of Lovech only the Specialized Hospital for Active Treatment of Pulmonary Diseases - Troyan has partially reached the levels of basic salaries agreed in the Collective Labor Agreement (CLC), he said. In the other hospitals - in Lovech, Lukovit, Troyan and Teteven, the levels of the basic salaries agreed with the CLC have not yet been reached. For May 2023, Multiprofile Hospital for Active Treatment - Lovech and Multiprofile Hospital for Active Treatment - Teteven have reported costs for additional material stimulation, said Minister Hinkov.

Amendments to the Medical Institutions Act have identified medical institutions that can be subsidized to maintain their readiness to provide medical assistance in emergencies, accidents and catastrophes, including mainly to provide remuneration to staff and operating expenses. In this regard, a normative change has been prepared, which determines the procedure for concluding contracts/annexes - within 30 days of the promulgation of the State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria Act for 2023, if it provides funds under the budget of the Ministry of Health for these activities. The contracts/annexes are valid from January 25, 2023 to December 31, 2023, Minister Hinkov said.

According to him, the hospital "Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov" in Lovech falls within the scope specified by the law and after the promulgation of the State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria Act for 2023 and in the event that it provides funds under the budget of the Ministry of Health for these activities, an annex to the subsidy contract for 2023 will be concluded.

Hristo Hinkov

Hospitals