World Oceans Day is celebrated every year on June 8.
World Ocean Day 2023: Today is World Oceans Day. It is celebrated every year on June 8. As the name implies, World Oceans Day is related to the specialty of the oceans. The oceans are full of biodiversity and at every level there are ecosystems in which there are many types of organisms. The purpose of celebrating this day is to save the ocean, maintain biodiversity and prevent the loss of resources from the ocean. Oceans are not only sources of water, but they provide both food and nutrition to many people of the world. At the same time, they contribute to the global economy and many people are associated with them. Environmental problems like pollution and global warming are posing a threat to the ocean and the organisms living in it, in view of which the importance of celebrating this day increases even more.
At the Earth Summit in 1992, the Ocean's Institute of Canada and Canada's International Center for Development proposed celebrating World Oceans Day. After this, the celebration of this day started from 2008. Ocean Day emphasizes on saving the oceans and using methods that minimize the damage to the ocean's resources.
Beaches are also good for health.
While walking by the sea, have you ever felt as if all the sorrows of life have been sorted out and separated somewhere? Actually, you are not alone. There are many people who feel happy when walking or walking close to the beach, mainly because beach walking is no less than a therapy. It really has many benefits that are available to health.
- A walk to the beach can be a good way to get vitamin D. You get vitamin D naturally, whose main source is the sun's rays.
- Beach vacation is also good for staying active. This is because you get good walking while walking on the beach and if you go to dive in the sea and swim, then there is no need to do cardio separately.
- Walking on the beach provides a lot of therapy. This is because the fresh air on the beach is soothing, which gives comfort to the heart.
- Sitting in the sun and watching the waves of the sea gives the mind a feeling of happiness. Emotions like depression are less than this.
- A good way to increase creativity is to walk on the beach. If you are thinking of writing a book, looking for a new idea or want to do something creative, then you can plan a beach vacation.
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, provides general information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Sara Ali Khan and Vicky Kaushal visit Siddhivinayak temple