Discounts can be valid during the week, starting on Monday. So, in the largest online store in Ukraine ROZETKA Black Friday 2023 has already started and discounts will be available until the end of the week.
A Brief History of the World's Biggest Sale
The term "Black Friday" originated in Philadelphia, where it was coined by local police officers. People were in such a hurry to enter the city for sales that huge traffic jams formed. The very tradition of discounts after Thanksgiving originated around the 1960s. Gradually, the name took root and spread far beyond the borders of the United States. Today, Black Friday is being held all over the world.
Why Black Friday Is Good For Sellers
There is an opinion that sellers artificially inflate prices on the eve of November, and then reduce them to market levels, passing them off as discounts. Often this really happens, but the meaning of the sale was originally different. What are the arguments that encourage honest sellers to participate in the sale:
1. Drawing attention to the network. The larger the size of the discounts, the more interesting the store will be for the buyer. And then the number of purchases turns into the quality of profit — one of the marketing strategies.
2. Expansion of the client base. When making a purchase in an online store, the customer leaves their data, often subscribing to newsletters, promotional offers and other marketing activities. And this is a great advertising channel for the seller.
3. Increase customer loyalty. During Black Friday, the chain can demonstrate a high level of service and a wide range of products. This will bear fruit in the future - buyers will return after the sale.
4. The ability to get rid of an unpopular or outdated product. Last year's smartphone models, clothes and shoes of past seasons or rare sizes are often presented on sale at low prices. By buying goods almost at cost, buyers thus free up store warehouses for new relevant things and items that are imported before the New Year.
Saving Tricks for Buyers
To save money on Black Friday, you need to shop in large chains and stores that can make real discounts without compromising their own profitability. But to prepare as much as possible for such shopping, use the following tips:
1. Make a list of necessary goods in the short and long term. You can start preparing for the New Year or summer vacation.
2. Calculate the budget and don't go beyond it. You can even set a limit on your bank card so you don't spend more than you intended. After all, during the sales period, there will be a great temptation to buy something unnecessary.
3. Study the offers in advance. The easiest way to do this is on the Internet. By comparing different offers, you will find out the real cost of the things you need and will be able to estimate the size of the discounts.
4. Keep a cool head. Then you can really save money during the sale.
Black Friday can be a great time to shop, but it's important to stay informed and cautious to avoid possible scams. Be careful!