Who is assigned a retirement pension
Retirement pensions are established for certain categories of citizens engaged in work, the implementation of which leads to the loss of professional disability. Certain categories of insured persons who have worked in certain institutions in certain positions may acquire the right to a retirement pension, which is appointed before the person reaches retirement age. It is reported by the Pension Fund of Ukraine.
Ukrainians who worked as civil servants, scientists and employees of local self-government bodies, employees of communal and state institutions have the right to retire for long service. This opportunity can also be used by employees of health care institutions.
The conditions of appointment and duration of the special length of service, which gives the right to receive a retirement pension, depend on the profession, the position in which the person worked and the Law under which such a pension is awarded.
Retirement pension for educators, health care and social security
The Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Increasing Pensions" dated October 03, 2017 No. 2148-VII provides that employees of education, health care and social security have the right to a retirement pension in accordance with paragraphs 21, 16 of Section XV "Final Provisions" of the Law of Ukraine "On Compulsory State Pension Insurance", provided that on the date of entry into force, That is, as of October 11, 2017, they have the length of service necessary for the appointment of such a pension.
The list of positions and institutions in which work is counted as special seniority for the assignment of retirement pensions to the above categories of employees up to and including October 10, 2017 is determined by the List of educational, health and social protection institutions and positions where work gives the right to a retirement pension.
The right to a retirement pension, regardless of age, is available to employees of education, health care and social security if they have work experience in the specialty status:
- as of April 1, 2015 — at least 25 years old,
- as of December 31, 2015 — 25 years 6 months,
- as of October 11, 2017 — 26 years 6 months.
What categories of workers can retire earlier today depending on age
- Artists, with insurance experience from 25 to 35 years.
- Athletes with experience of at least 25 years and are part of the national teams of Ukraine for at least 6 years.
- Educators with insurance experience of 25 years or more
- Employees in the field of health care and social protection with insurance experience of 25 years.
- Specialists in the field of aviation and flight test personnel with insurance experience for men from 25 years to 26 years 6 months, women - from 20 years to 21 years 6 months.
Who can retire after reaching the age of 50/55 years by men, from 45/50 by women
If there is appropriate length of service, including work experience in a profession or position, the following persons may retire:
- air traffic controllers,
- flight attendants,
- employees of the sea, river fleet,
- fishing industry workers,
- employees of logging and timber rafting enterprises,
- machine operators in ports,
- metro and railway workers,
- engineering and technical staff of civil aviation,
- citizens working in geological exploration and field work.
Military seniority pensions
The seniority pension is assigned to military personnel subject to discharge from military service:
- regardless of age, if on the day of dismissal they have at least 25 years of service,
- in case of reaching the age of 45 on the day of dismissal from service and in the presence of insurance experience of 25 years or more, of which at least 12 calendar years and 6 months is the service.
The minimum pension for the length of service for the military cannot be lower than 3854 UAH.
Retirement pensions for prosecutors
- Regardless of age, prosecutors who have at least 25 years of service, including at least 15 years of prosecutorial experience, are entitled to an old-age pension.
- Employees who do not have 25 years of service, but have worked as prosecutors for at least 15 years and have insurance experience of 35 years men, 30 years – women, retirement pension is assigned upon reaching the age of 57 years by men, women – 55 years.
The size of the pension is determined in proportion to the number of seniority in prosecutorial positions.
- Minimum pensions in Ukraine "frozen": the amount named
- Will pensions be raised in 2024