Who can receive seniority pensions and what are the conditions of appointment
Retirement pensions are established for certain categories of citizens engaged in work, the performance of which leads to the loss of professional disability or suitability before the onset of age, which gives the right to an old age pension.
According to the Pension Fund of Ukraine, the conditions of appointment and duration of the special length of service, under which a retirement pension can be assigned, depend on the professions and positions in which the person worked and the Law according to which such a pension is awarded.
Regardless of age, seniority pensions are assigned:
- Artists with at the time of applying for a pension experience of creative activity from 20 to 35 years.
- Aviation and flight test personnel with appropriate length of service for men from 25 years old as of 01.04.2015 to 26 years 6 months as of 11.10.2017, for women – from 20 years as of 01.04.2015 to 21 years 6 months as of 11.10.2017.
- Employees of education, health care and social security in the presence of special work experience from 25 years as of 01.04.2015 to 26 years 6 months as of 11.10.2017.
- Athletes with experience of at least 25 years, including being in the national teams of Ukraine for at least 6 years.
Retirement pension upon reaching the age of 50/55 years by men, from 45/50 by women and in the presence of appropriate total length of service, including work experience in a profession / position, is assigned:
- Air traffic controllers; engineering and technical staff of civil aviation.
- Flight attendants.
- Employees of railway transport and subway.
- Employees engaged in field geological exploration.
- Workers engaged in logging and timber rafting.
- Machine operators (dockers-mechanizers) in ports.
- Sea, river fleet and fishing industry fleet.
How is the size of the pension determined for such categories of pensioners
The amount of pensions is determined in accordance with Articles 27, 28 of the Law of Ukraine dated 09.07.2003 No. 1058-IV "On Compulsory State Pension Insurance" and depends on the duration of the acquired insurance experience and the salary received from which insurance premiums were paid. Appointed from the date of application subject to dismissal from work/position, which gives the right to such a pension.
Military seniority pensions
Servicemen, subject to discharge from military service, are assigned a retirement pension:
- regardless of age, if on the day of dismissal they have at least 25 calendar years of service,
- in case of reaching the age of 45 on the day of dismissal from service and in the presence of insurance experience of 25 years or more, of which at least 12 calendar years and 6 months is the service.
The amount of pensions is determined in accordance with Article 13 of Law No. 2262-XII and ranges from 50% of those dismissed due to age or health reasons, from 55% to 70% of the corresponding amounts of their monetary support, depending on the length of service. The minimum pension for the length of service for the military cannot be lower than 3854 UAH.
Conditions for awarding retirement pensions to prosecutors
The right to a retirement pension, regardless of age, is available to employees of the prosecutor's office who, on the day of applying for such a pension, have at least 25 years of service, including work experience in the positions of prosecutors for at least 15 years.
The size of pensions is determined in accordance with parts two to five of Article 86 of Law No. 1697-VII and is 60% of their monthly salary.
Employees who do not have 25 years of service, but have worked as prosecutors for at least 15 years and have insurance experience of 35 years men, 30 years – women, retirement pension is assigned upon reaching the age of 57 years by men, women – 55 years. The amount of the pension is determined in proportion to the number of full years of work in prosecutorial positions.
- What is more profitable - a disability pension or by age
- Disability pension: what experience do you need to have to receive it