Social pension by age
Ukrainian citizens who have reached retirement age, but are not entitled to a pension due to the lack of necessary insurance experience, are paid temporary assistance, in the general sense, a social pension. Payments can be issued upon reaching 65 years.
Social pension by age without seniority is recalculated every 6 months. taking into account property changes and average monthly total income.
Assignment of benefits instead of pensions
The procedure for assigning financial assistance is regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 1098 of 27.12.2017 "On the Procedure for assigning temporary state social assistance to an unemployed person who has reached the general retirement age, but has not acquired the right to a pension payment". At the same time, only those who have at least 15 years of insurance experience at the time of registration of social payments can receive assistance instead of a pension. The money will be paid until such persons reach the age from which they become entitled to a pension payment.
Documents required for the appointment of social assistance
To receive temporary state assistance, a person must apply to the social security authorities at the place of residence or actual residence. In the case of a pension not by registration, you need to attach a certificate of non-receipt of such assistance in the Department of Labor and Social Protection of the Population at the registered place of residence.
You need to provide the following documents:
- A document certifying the identity of the pensioner and his place of residence + TIN.
- Certificate of insurance experience (issued in the Pension Fund at the request of the pensioner - within 5 working days).
- Declaration of income and property status (filled out on the basis of income certificates of each family member) for the last six months preceding the month of applying for assistance.
The amount of temporary social assistance
Persons who have reached retirement age but are not entitled to a pension are paid state financial assistance in the amount that is the difference between the subsistence minimum for persons who have lost their ability to work and the average monthly total family income per person for the previous 6 months, but not more than 100% of the subsistence minimum for able-bodied persons.
From July 1, 2022, Ukraine has planned to increase the size of the subsistence minimum for able-bodied persons - from UAH 2481 to UAH 2600. Accordingly, the amount of lump sum payments associated with it has increased.
Which pensioner will not receive cash benefits?
According to the legislation of Ukraine, not all pensioners who do not have enough seniority to apply for a pension are entitled to receive temporary financial assistance from the state. Thus, according to paragraph 12 of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 1098 "On the Procedure for assigning temporary state social assistance to a person who does not work, who has reached the general retirement age, but has not acquired the right to a pension payment" of December 27, 2017, social assistance to pensioners is not assigned if:
- A person receives a pension (including social), works or conducts other activities related to the receipt of income.
- One of the family members during the year before applying for temporary assistance made a purchase (payment for services) in the amount of more than 50 thousand rubles. hryvnia.
- The average monthly total family income per person for the previous six months exceeds 100% of the subsistence minimum for disabled persons.
- As a result of random verification, additional sources of subsistence were identified that are not specified in the declaration of income and property (renting out a dwelling (house), earnings of family members who are not officially employed, etc.).
- The person or his family members own a second apartment (house), provided that the total area of housing exceeds 21 square meters. m per 1 family member and an additional 10.5 square meters. meters per family, or more than one car (other vehicle, mechanism)
Temporary financial assistance to pensioners who do not have sufficient retirement experience may be appointed contrary to some of the above restrictions according to the conclusion of the commission, if there is a person with a disability in the family. The decision is made after examining the living conditions of the person who applied for such assistance.
- Why the pension is less than it should be: lawyers named five possible reasons
- How to apply for compensation for elderly care in 2023